Marilyn P. Davis, JD Contact Me
Marilyn Davis is a graduate of Pace University School of Law practicing in Rockland County in partnership with her husband Charles Davis. Her specialty is Family Law which includes Custody, Visitation, Support, Protective Orders, Divorce, Separation and Adoption. She is noted as one of Rocklands leading attorneys in the field of Family Law. Her practice is limited to Rockland County. Marilyn resides in Pomona with her husband. She has two fantastic children. Heather is 29 and is the Director of Stratigic Marketing for CNN. Jordon is 31 and is employed by the firm with a specialty in family law and intellectual property.
Marilyn is very active in the community, she was Deputy Supervisor of the Town of Ramapo in Rockland County for ten years, campaign coordinator for the election of many town candidates, board member of Loeb House which provides community residences for young adults with emotional problems, and served on a two year committee to enhance the East Ramapo Schools.
She is a member and past president of the Rockland County Women's Bar Association and currently serves as Trustee of the Rockland County Bar Association. She has been a member of numerous committees and caucuses relating to the rights of women under the law and has been appointed to prestigious committees dealing with court space, judiciary relations and judicial screening. She is a past Sisterhood Vice President (many years, many portfolios) at the Pomona Jewish Center, started the accredited temple nursery school and has served on the Temple Board of Education and Ritual Committee. She is a member of Women's League for Conservative Judaism and a supporter of Torah Fund and has a drawer full of large pins to prove it. She is the current President of the Montebello Jewish Center, after the merger of the Pomona Jewish Center and Congregation Sons of Israel.
Juris Doctor: Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York
Master of Arts: State University of New York, New Paltz, New York
Bachelor of Arts: State University of New York, Buffalo, New York
BAR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP:
- Rockland County Bar Association, Rockland
- County Woman's Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, American Bar Association 1983 - 1994
COMMUNITY SERVICE: LAW RELATED
- 1994 9th Judicial District, Matrimonial Fee Dispute Arbitration Seminar
- President of the Rockland County Woman's Bar Association, 1989, 1988.
- Rockland County Bar Association Trustee 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996
- Rockland County Woman's Bar Association 1985 - present. Past president, headed many committees; High School Essay Contest chair 1990-94, Judicial Screening Chair 1989, 1990, 1991
- Chairperson Family Court Review Report, Co-chair of the Family/Matrimonial Law Section
- Volunteer for Breast Cancer Information Dissemination, etc. 1993-1994, 1994-1995.
- Delegate to the Women's Bar Association of the State of New York, 1987.
- Chairperson of Rockland County Clerk Appraisal Report, 1990.
- Family Court Judicial Candidate, 1995.
- Committee Member to the Task Force on Judicial Facilities, County of Rockland, 1989.
- Chairperson of the Committee to Examine and Report on Procedures of the County Clerks Office, County of Rockland, 1989.
- Board Member, Court Appointed Special Advocates. 1989 - 1993
- Member of the Rockland County Women's Network 1985 to date.
- Member Rockland County Bar Association 1982 - present 3 years judiciary liaison committee, 2 years continuing legal education, two years court building committee, family law section.
- Rockland County Bar Association Trustee 1993-4
- Girl Scout Badge Enabler, Law
- Ramapo High School Mock Trial Team 1984 - 1986
COMMUNITY SERVICE: NON-LAW RELATED
- Loeb House Trustee, 1986 - present Provide housing for mentally disabled young adults. Personnel committee, finance committee, incident review board committee, etc.
- Pomona Jewish Center 1971 - present Sisterhood Vice President, Chairperson of numerous educational and fund raising events, Special activity chair, Publicity chair, Founder of temple nursery school, etc.
- CSEA Bargaining Committee for the Town of Ramapo, 1991, 1993, 1994.
- mber of the Garbage Disposal District Committee for the Town of Ramapo, 1988-89.
- Co-Chairperson of the Committee to Re-elect Herb Reisman 1987, 1989, Chairperson 1991.
- Chairperson of Committee to elect Town of Ramapo Candidates, 1993.
- Democratic Committee Person, Town of Ramapo 1988 - present.
-Rockland Community College, Paralegal Program, 1987, 1988, 1989.
- Long Island University, Paralegal Program, 1989.
- Lecturer in Rockland County; various topics concerning the law.
Deputy Supervisor of the Town of Ramapo, Rockland County, New York, 1989 - 1994.
Samuel B. Fishman Award for Excellence in Legal Method
Judicial Clerkship Program
Rockland County Girl Scouts, Trefoil Award 1992.
Delta Theta Phi, Law Fraternity
Pomona Jewish Center, Honor Award
Girl Scout Counsel Person of the Year 1990
Mock Trial Ramapo Senior High School
-Created, developed, implemented and directed a New York State accredited Nursery School.
-Tenured elementary teacher and teacher of foreign born adults at the East Ramapo Central School District, Spring Valley, New York
- Teacher at the Minisink Valley Central School District, Slate Hill, New York
- Girl Scout Council Awards Luncheon 1994
- UJA Women's Division, Moderator: Intermarriage Problems 1994
- Girl Scout Council Badge Conference: "Her story" 1994
- Temple Beth El, Topic: Women and the Law 11/12/93
-Legal Secretaries Association, 1989, 1991, 1993
- Rockland County Women's Network, Topic: Role of Women in this Decade 10/16/91
-Hadassah Chapter, Women and the Law 1991, 1993, 1995
- B'nai Brith, Hi Tor Chapter, topic: Friction in Ramapo over religious institutions on private streets 9/11/90 CASA key note speaker at 1994 Awards Presentation
- Law and The Family, Pomona Jewish Center 1994, 1995
- Court House Expansion Laison, Bar Associatio, Womans Bar Association 1995, 1996
- Bar Association Dinner Committee, 1996
- Family Court and You Panelist, an informational seminar, Court House 1996